Welcome to the NZIC 2021
Output: Standard Output (stdout)
Memory limit: 128 megabytes
Time limit: 1.0 seconds
Welcome to the New Zealand Informatics Competition (NZIC), a contest series run by volunteers from the New Zealand Olympiad in Informatics (NZOI).
We hope you enjoy these contests and take the opportunity to learn more about informatics. When you compete in the NZIC, there is a possibility you could be invited to join us for our January informatics camp. For those interested, more signup information for camp will be released after round 3.
You have three hours to complete as many problems as you can (including this one). Some problems are divided into subtasks which give you partial points. Even the hardest problems might have easy subtasks, so you should try to read every problem! If you get stuck on a question, we suggest moving onto the next one and coming back later. Questions are not always in order of difficulty, but we do our best.
Below is the first problem to get you started.
What to do
- Read the problem statement below and write a program to solve the problem.
- Quick and dirty code is encouraged! Don't worry about style, handling erroneous input, or using prompts - it just has to work as described.
- Use the standard input and output methods for your language. Click here for an explanation of how input and output work.
- Do not use input prompts.
- Test your program with the sample input (and maybe some input of your own).
- Submit your code file via the submit tab.
- See if you are correct.
If you get stuck
- See some examples for this problem. Click here for some example programs in various languages.
- Read the documents linked above.
- Consult the closest rubber duck.
- Email email@example.com for assistance.
Write a program to greet the NZIC (and anybody else).
There will be a single line containing a name (consisting of at most 100 letters from the English alphabet and no spaces).
Greetings name where
name is replaced by the given input. An example is shown below.
Sample Input 1
Sample Output 1
Sample Input 2
Sample Output 2